|Seach This Site|
An Introduction to Gifted Education: The Complete Kit for Facilitators, Coordinators, and In-Service Training Professionals
is designed to help busy school leaders and coordinators of gifted programs provide quality professional development to their staff and/or parents of gifted children on the most central aspects of gifted education. The guide consists of seven modules focusing on the need for gifted education, characteristics of gifted students, identification practices, service options, curriculum and instruction, affective needs, and program effectiveness. The interactive guide provides all of the materials necessary to deliver 1- to 1 1/2-hour professional development sessions including:
- PowerPoint presentations with visual aids and diagrams to facilitate understanding of content;
- detailed scripts for each slide to accompany each PowerPoint presentation;
- interactive small- or large-group activities;
- handout masters for participant materials;
- follow-up discussion questions and extension activities; and
- complete directions for facilitators, including a suggested agenda and timeframe for conducting the modules.
With this kit, school leaders and coordinators can easily deliver high-quality, dynamic professional development, grounded in best practice and developed by leading experts in the field of gifted education.